February 16, 2023
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Streamwood Police Department
401 E. Irving Park Road
Streamwood, IL 60107
Supervisory Training (Streamwood)
Thursday, February 16, 2023
REGISTRATION FOR THIS TRAINING IS OPENING SOON -- PLEASE CHECK BACK
Due to space limitations (seating of 50), registration is limited to a maximum of 3 attendees from any one employer.
Intended for supervisory and management personnel only.
This training is a basic course for new or newer supervisors in union and non-union environments, developed by IPELRA and includes what supervisors need to know as supervisors, and can be beneficial as an entry-level "brush-up" training for not-so-new supervisors.
This full-day training covers the following topics:
- Making the transition from peer to boss
- Resources you need to know - policies, contracts, HR Associations
- Communications, coaching and counseling employees
- Having difficult conversations
- Performance management
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Legal Implications -- Sick Leave/FMLA, WC/ADA/EAP, Fitness for Duty